Keep in mind:
- Check your application guide. It will tell you how many photos you require for your application.
- You must provide identical and unaltered photographs.
- Photos may be in colour or black and white.
- Photos must be original and not altered in any way or taken from an existing photograph.
Your photos must be:
- Taken by a commercial photographer.
- 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
- Clear, sharp and in focus.
- Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
- Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
- Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph).
- Taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
- Original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo.
- Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last six months)
- Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable)
The back of one photo must include:
- the subject’s name and date of birth
- the name and complete address of the photography studio
- the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.